Thursday, December 31, 2009

Slow and Steady

This is my father Paul Joske with a selection of his boards. Dad's semi-retired now but still potters around down the factory a fair bit. He's alway's telling me how busy he is... but he still goes surfing everyday. Dad's incredibly pedantic and handshapes all his boards taking down measurements to 1/64th of an inch accuracy. He also seems to be able spot any flaws in my boards with ease... and I suspect he enjoys it.

Sometimes I think dad is fighting a losing battle... I remember him quoting something Phil Edwards said in a magazine once when I suggested he overlook a minor flaw in his work "Perfection is barely tolerable". Dad hates making mistakes and maybe thats why he works so slow and methodically.
All Photos: Angela Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment